Chance Engine By Manifest Audio
Combining powerful probability, sequencing and variation features, Chance Engine is the creative MIDI device you need.
Chance Engine is a Max for Live device designed to add controlled yet random fluctuations to the most important parameters of incoming MIDI drums, melodies, and harmonies in real time.
Designed by Ableton Certified Trainer Noah Pred, Chance Engine will help you escape the loop: add compelling creativity and variety to MIDI patterns in Process mode - or bring dynamic new MIDI to life in Generate mode.
Chance Engine Key Features
Main Process Mode Features
Randomize the chance notes will play, be sustained, or be humanized
Randomize the chance velocity, octave, swing, or pitch will change within constrained ranges
Pitch can be randomized every note, or set to randomize at nearly any rhythmic interval for controlled musical changes
Four pitch randomization modes: Chance, Drunk, Fluid, and Decide
Transpose in octave and semitone intervals via two separate controls
All MIDI output conforms to one of 69 included scales in any key, fully integrated with bundled Global Hub
All parameters available for automation, modulation, and MIDI mapping
Default Process mode transforms incoming MIDI input according to the controls above; switch to Generate mode to open up new parameters and produce MIDI output on its own.
Additional Generate Mode Features
- Two MIDI modes, with default Internal setting the base pitch of generated notes via note slider; Receive mode takes base pitch from incoming MIDI, allowing you to program melodic progressions within which randomization will occur
- Three unique playback modes for interactive composition: Free generates pulses regardless of input; Gate only generates pulses if incoming MIDI notes are held; while Side is the inverse, only generating pulses between incoming MIDI notes
- Time modes let you toggle between metrical intervals or milliseconds, with either mode inheriting the nearest interval from the other for seamless transitions
- Intricate rhythmic control over pulses, with a base rate specified anywhere between 128th notes and whole notes, including dotted and triplet options – while the rate multiplier allows for unique polymetric cycles; for example, a base rate of 16n with a multiplier of 7 will produce a pulse every seven 16th notes
- Optional offset base rate with multiplier staggers the start of any pulse rhythm, configurable in the same way as the main pulses
All parameters are available for automation, modulation, and real-time MIDI control via any configured controller - and optimized for Ableton's Push.
Format, Version & System Requirements
Version: 1.51 (2023.04.22)
Requires: Ableton Live Suite 10.1.x or higher running Max 8.1.x on Mac or PC.
What Is Max for Live?
Max For Live is a powerful platform that allows producers to create custom instruments and audio effects from a vast library of tools. It boasts intuitive workflow and performance capabilities, allowing producers to quickly create and share their work. With Max For Live, producers can take their creativity to the next level.